The demand for top talent has never been greater and organizations today, regardless of industry or location, seek experienced, credible leaders with the vision and skills to design winning strategies and motivate others. If you are such an individual and are seeking new opportunities, JDRQUEST is at your service.
We believe that candidates are clients too, and we treat you as such. Our goal is always to bring parties together for the mutual benefit of all.
Please register your information with us. Our objective is to have just the basic information about you so that we can contact you privately and confidentially when we are engaged in a project that is a close match for your professional skills and experience. We will not share this information with anyone until we have been in touch with you and mutual interest has been established.
Executive Director of Dining, Bowdoin College – Brunswick, Maine.
Food at Bowdoin is a big deal. At Bowdoin Dining Services, we work hard to meet the changing needs—and sophisticated tastes—of our students. Our dining operations make everything from scratch and are consistently rated in the top 10 for college dining! We have our own butcher shop, bakeshop and organic garden that supply food to our 2 dining halls and 3 retail locations. We pride ourselves in purchasing local as often as possible and in keeping with Bowdoin’s bicentennial motto, “The College and the Common Good”, Bowdoin Dining Service recognizes its responsibility to take a leadership role in environmental stewardship by integrating environmental awareness, local action, and global thinking into our operational planning and decision-making. In addition to the dining and retail operations, our catering operations are world- class, crafting innovative menus for large-scale community-wide events such as commencement and our annual Downeast Lobster Bake.
The Executive Director of Dining will provide vision, leadership, strategic planning and management of all resources for campus dining operations including board, cash and catering operations. The Executive Director will be expected to engage with students and dining staff to ensure we are meeting the needs of our students and create menus that students both require and appreciate while being an engaging leader to staff.
read more »
· Bachelor’s degree required and master’s degree preferred with emphasis in food-service.
· Management or a related field. Must have a basic understanding of food-service software and hands-on working knowledge of standard spreadsheet and word-processing software.
· Must possess financial management skills necessary for forecasting, budgeting, and cost controls. Must have demonstrated interpersonal communications skills and an effective management communication style.
Experience Requirements and/or Equivalents
· Ten years of progressively responsible management experience in a large-volume institutional food service. At least three years experience preferred in a college environment.
Executive Director of Campus Dining, Appalachian State University – Boone NC.
The Executive Director of Campus Dining is responsible for leading the strategic vision for the dining program and supporting the growing needs of the University.
The Executive Director will have ultimate responsibility for Residential and Retail Dining. The incumbent will strive to meet student needs, control costs, drive revenues, and constantly innovate and market effectively. The director will also provide tools and training to implement their vision for the $27M operation effectively.
read more »
· Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or related field or 15+ years of related experience.
· Prior experience running high-quality food services in a multi-unit, high-volume food services situation. Comprehensive knowledge of foodservice trends.
· Understanding of how to create systems to manage and systematize at scale.
· Must be able to teach and motivate supervisory staff, full-time employees, student management, student employees, and temporary staff to provide safe, nutritious meals while maintaining excellent customer service.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Work with the team to develop new and exciting themes and concepts, engage students, and monitor and maintain budgetary goals; Develop budget recommendations, maintain records, and review and adjust labor and food costs to achieve departmental goals and ensure the sustainability of operations.
· Develop and implement projects with defined objectives, methods, timetables, and budgets to support the department’s strategic plan – the strategic plan calls for renovations of nearly all-dining facilities in the next five years.
· Ensure adherence to all HR standards for the state of NC and regulatory agencies; Manage vendor relationships.
· Leverage technology to improve the customer experience – existing technologies include CS Gold, GrubHub, FSS/Net Menu, Scala, and social media platforms.
· Demonstrate leadership in sustainability – Campus Dining currently sources more than 25% of items locally, including a significant composting program and plant-forward menuing.
· Create training programs for all Campus Dining locations to develop and cross-train staff – ensure training programs in customer service, awareness of food allergies, cross-contamination, proper food handling, and cooking techniques are created and utilized.
· Meet individually and as a team with management, members to define operational goals and objectives and proactively provide recommendations on future enhancements to the program.
· Strive to increase the diversity of the Campus Dining staff and leadership and create a welcoming and inclusive culture; Engage customers and encourage employees to do the same; and, collect feedback and utilize it to identify program enhancements.
Complete the form below